Els Quatre Gats, often written Els 4 Gats, was a café in Barcelona which opened on 12 June 1897. It also operated as a hostel, a cabaret, a pub and a restaurant. Active until 1903, Els Quatre Gats became one of the main centers of Modernisme in Barcelona.
Els Quatre Gats was reconstructed during the transition to democracy, in 1978. Pablo Picasso visited this pub–restaurant often in his early art career.
The bar closed in 1903, when Romeu was unable to keep it open because of debts. It was later used by the Cercle Artístic de Sant Lluc until the start of the Spanish Civil War in 1936. In the 1970s, a group of restaurateurs took steps to revive it, and it reopened in 1989.